Tasty - No-Bake Cereal Bars
No-Bake Cereal Bars
Now it's time to make cereal bars without baking. The No Bake Cereal Bars are best for kids.
1. Mix 1/2 cup of Honey & 1/4 cup of peanut butter in a bowl & microwave for 45 seconds, stirring 15 seconds or until melted.
2. Next, in a large bowl, combine 3 cups of oat cereal, ½ of the yogurt chips (save the other half for later), 1/2 cup each of chopped almonds, & dried cranberries.
3. Pour the melted honey mixture into the bowl & stir until well mixed.
4. Pour into an 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper, & gently flatten the mixture evenly around the pan.
5. Freeze for 30 minutes, or until the mixture has hardened enough to cut it into 8 pieces.
6. Melt the other half of the yogurt chips in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time, until melted. (Optional: adding 1 tsp of coconut oil will help with the melting process)
7. Dip the bottom of the bars in the melted yogurt chips and place on a piece of parchment paper. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
8. Wrap each bar in parchment paper & store in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 months.